5 Unique Solutions For Window Shade Indoors
When it’s sunny outside, you often love having those bright rays of sunshine streaming in your windows. However, all that sunshine can sometimes be too much of a good thing, leading to parts of your home being too warm and your furniture and flooring fading. While you may think that curtains or interior window blinds are your only options to solve this problem, we here at Rollac know there are a variety of innovative window shade solutions available for your home. Since you’re eager to learn more, here are some possibilities for window shade you’ll want to consider for your home.
Some of the most popular products we sell here at Rollac, ZipShades are installed on your home’s exterior and can be easily adjusted to provide maximum shade when needed. Able to be installed on almost any type of exterior surface, you can be assured that once you have ZipShades on your home, they will stand the test of time for many years.
- Withstand winds up to 80 mph
- Can be controlled via remote control
- Available in many styles and sizes
- Can be expensive
- Difficult to clean at times
- Can be easily damaged
- Range from $2,000-$5,000 per window
When you are still wanting plenty of shade for your home’s interior but don’t necessarily want window coverings in the traditional sense, we suggest you consider purchasing retractable awnings from us here at Rollac. Combining sophistication and style, our awnings come in an endless array of styles, sizes, and designs, meaning you can always get the customized look you want for your home.
- Protection from UV rays
- Can make outdoor space 20 degrees cooler
- Available in motorized or manual options
- Can be damaged by strong winds
- Motorized can be costly
- Manual may be hard to operate
- Range from $250 for small manual awnings to $20,000 for larger awnings
Able to let you fine-tune exactly how much light you want coming into your home or business, Rollac rolling shutters are becoming very popular for numerous reasons. Made of high-tech aluminum, rolling shutters are made so that they can rarely if ever get damaged.
- Added protection and security
- Provide high levels of privacy
- Easy to install
- Can be manual or motorized
- Easy to filter sunlight into your home or business
- Not as many styles and designs as awnings or shades
- Expense can be a factor
- Require regular maintenance
- Ranges from $1,000-$2,500 per window, including installation
Affordable and available in various styles and colors, curtains differ from most compact shading and retractable shading options in that they are of course installed on the inside of your home. Long viewed as the only option to bring shade and cool temps to a home’s interior, you can create a look all your own by using interior curtains.
- Very affordable
- Many styles and colors
- Easy to install and maintain
- Easy to swap out if damaged or old
- Won’t provide privacy like exterior shades
- Offer no security for your home
- Limited ability to cool your home’s rooms
- Mainly decorative
- Range from $1,000-$2,500 for customized drapes throughout entire home
Always popular as window treatments, window blinds are comparable to zip screens in terms of providing your home with lots of shade and cooler temperatures. Yet in many ways, blinds are still considered to be more decorative for windows than functional. Should you want window shading that will protect your home’s interior as well as add style and elegance to the exterior, you may want to consider exterior shading options such as awnings or ZipShades.
- Affordable like curtains or draperies
- Available in many styles (wood, faux wood, vinyl)
- Known for energy efficiency and insulation capabilities
- Can mix and match styles throughout your home
- Can wear out quickly
- Made of cheaper materials
- Must be cleaned frequently
- Easy to damage or break
- Range from $250-$300 per window
Unlike any of the other options mentioned here, an overhang is a permanent fixture that will actually be part of your roof. When being designed and built, it will be crucial to make sure it will properly shade your windows and doors in the summer, yet still be able to let in the warm rays of sunshine during the winter.
- Can add significant value to your home>
- Made to be very sturdy
- Can work well year-round
- Must be built to exact specifications
- Permanent structure that cannot be moved
- High labor and material costs
- Must be built by a professional
- Range from $3,000-$10,000 for 10×10 patio
Not as popular today as in years past, window film can still be an option if you are looking for a quick, simple, and affordable window shading solution for your home or business. Able to be installed as a DIY project, window film can be room darkening to help keep out UV rays or reflective to reduce glare and increase your levels of privacy.
- The most affordable option
- Easy to install
- Available in different styles
- Can be customized to match your home’s interior
- Easy to remove
- Can have a bubbly appearance if not properly installed
- May reduce visibility
- May void warranty on new windows
- Less sunlight in winter
- Professional installation will cost more
- Range from $25-$100 per window
Contact Us Today
Since you’ve probably still got plenty of questions about awning maintenance as well as how to clean solar screens and which type of window shade solutions will ultimately fit into your budget, don’t hesitate to contact us here at Rollac to get the answers you need to make the best decision for your home and wallet.
Dedicated to providing our customers with the very best in customer service, it won’t take long for you to realize we truly are the industry’s leading experts on window shade solutions. When you want peace of mind and window shading that will be affordable yet stylish, trust our team here at Rollac.