Considerations When Buying Roller ShuttersWhether you've got a home in a beautiful neighborhood, a business in the middle of downtown, or perhaps a vacation home on the beach or elsewhere, roller shutters may be something you should consider installing. Stylish, functional, and affordable, roller shutters can be a great investment for your home or business. However, there are many factors you'll need to consider prior to purchasing and installing roller shutters. To help with your decision, we at Rollac have compiled everything you need to know about roller shutters.
How to Choose the Right Roller ShuttersWhen you're ready to start your search for top quality roller shutters from Rollac, always keep these factors in mind as you come closer to making your purchase.
1. Residential or Commercial Use?As you begin the process of choosing roller shutters, consider that there may be variations among residential and commercial roll down shutters. For example, if you want commercial roll down security shutters to help protect your business from vandals and thieves, your top priority may be shutters that can withstand violent impacts and attempted break-ins. While residential shutters will offer these same benefits, you may want to consider various styles and colors that may accentuate the look of your home.
2. Purpose of Shutters: Security, Shade or Both?What will be the purpose of your roll down shutters? Will they provide additional security for your downtown business? Do you live in a neighborhood where you would like more privacy inside your home, or do you want to protect your home from hurricane damage in the event of a storm? Whatever the case may be, have a clear purpose in mind for your shutters prior to purchase.
3. SizeContrary to what some companies may tell you, roller shutters are not one-size-fits-all. Instead, they need to be customized to fit the windows and doors of your home or business. Rather than fall for the "good enough" line of some companies, trust us here at Rollac. When you do, you'll get visited by professionals who will take precise measurements, offer suggestions, and give you tremendous peace of mind.
4. Manual or Motorized Roller Shutters?Choosing between motorized or manual roll down shutters will be one of the biggest decisions during this process, especially in terms of how it will impact the cost of your rolling shutters. Should you choose automated roller shutters for your home or business, expect to pay perhaps twice as much as you might for manual roll down shutters. If you want roll down shutters primarily for hurricane protection, motorized shutters may be both convenient and practical. Since they can be operated via remote control or through your smartphone, you'll be able to avoid having to go outside in bad weather to close your shutters.
5. Do You Live in a Hurricane Area?
If you have ever lived through a hurricane without having hurricane shutters on your home or business, you know that is one experience you never want to encounter again. Once you decide to purchase roll down shutters from us here at Rollac to provide hurricane protection for your home or business, you'll have shutters that have been tested and approved to withstand hurricane-force winds, meet the most up-to-date standards of various insurance regulatory agencies, and are still affordable enough to let you get exactly what you need to give you peace of mind.
6. Cost and BudgetThe amount of money you want to spend on roll down shutters will play a big part in what you ultimately select for your home or business. If you are on a tight budget but still want exterior roller shutters for windows that are well-made and can offer maximum levels of protection and privacy, manual roll down shutters will be a smart choice. However, if you have a few more dollars to spend and want the ability to open or close your shutters from anywhere you happen to be day or night, motorized roller shutters may be more to your liking. Regardless of what you need, our team here at Rollac can provide you multiple reasons to choose from our wide array of roller shutters.
7. Design and StyleUnlike roller shutters that were available decades ago, today's roller shutters are available in many different colors, styles, and designs. While you may decide you are fine with roll down shutters that have a distinct metallic look, you may also be interested to know that our Rollac roller shutters are also available in such colors as beige, brown, bronze, black, cream, grey, and white. In fact, we can customize your roll down shutters almost any way you want or need for your home or business.
8. QualityEven if you have a smaller budget for your roll down shutters, that does not mean you want roller shutters that will experience numerous problems following installation. Here at Rollac, we take pride in offering roller shutters that have durable motors and other components that are made to last for years when properly maintained.
9. MaintenanceLast but not least, you want roll down shutters that are easy to maintain year after year. With our Rollac shutters, you'll get this and much more. Since our roller shutters are made using the very best materials and technology, you'll need to do minimal maintenance on your shutters. To keep your shutters in excellent condition, wipe them down each week with a damp cloth to keep them free of dust and debris. Should you notice your shutters are not opening or closing as easily as they did at first, lubricate the tracks and bottom bar with a small amount of silicone lubricant spray. Each month, inspect your roller shutters for twigs, wasp nests, or other debris that may be present. Finally, wash your roller shutters four times per year with water, mild dishwashing detergent, and a soft-bristled brush.
Trust Our Experts
When you need to know how to install roller shutters or have other questions about buying roll down shutters, trust our experts here at Rollac. By contacting us today, your buying decision will become much easier.